This vehicle is one of the prototypes developed and built under the Kampfpanzer Standard program (which Italy joined in 1958) with the cooperation of Ingenieurbüro Warneke, Rheinstahl Hanomag, Henschel and Rheinmetall. After comprehensive trials, the prototypes of the A group were preferred over other variants, further work on which led to the production of the Leopard 1. In 1960, a total of two prototypes were manufactured.
Time for the successive autoreloading of each shell into the magazine.
The technical characteristics shown are for the Siege mode
Characteristics are specified for a vehicle with crew members trained to 100%.