An Italian light tank developed by Fiat-Ansaldo in the late 1930s. The vehicle entered mass production in 1940 and came into service in 1942. It was used on all fronts by the Italian Armed Forces. According to one source, 283 vehicles were manufactured by September, 1943. However, some sources mention a different number of vehicles—440.
Characteristics are specified for vehicles with crews trained to 100%.