Note (4 April 2019): The reward Condition has been changed from 3 battles to signing up on the Classic Sandbox. Players who have registered on the Classic Sandbox regardless of battles played will receive the prize camouflage.
[Update 2/4/2019] IMPORTANT:
Please do not open and/or share replays from the WoT Classic 0.7.0 event, as they may contain malicious code and harm your computer!
Upate [29 Mar 2019, 20:00] Dear Players, we seek your patience with the World of Tanks classic server. Due to high player traffic, you may experience queue or errors when attempting to log in. The Dev team is working on a fix now.
Update [29 March 2019]: The server start time of World of Tanks Classic has been changed from 15:00 UTC+8 to 17:00 UTC+8.
Update [29 March 2019]: The server start time of World of Tanks Classic has been changed to 20:00 UTC+8.
World of Tanks Classic — a special game event — will kick off on March 29th at 15:00 (UTC+8) and will be available until April 3rd 14:00 (UTC+8) .
World of Tanks veterans. Do you remember Update 0.7.0 that released in 2011? In those glory days, the KV-3 was still capable of one-shotting you, the elusive T-50-2 struck terror into the hearts of artillery fans, and the formidable Maus could hold an entire flank all on its own, simply by blocking the bridge on Erlenberg.
At that time, we had only just introduced replays and the ability to put camouflage on vehicles. Today's newcomers, or those who joined World of Tanks after Update 1.0, may not understand why a solitary tear rolls down our veterans’ cheeks when they remember those simpler times.
World of Tanks 0.7.0: More Than Just Nostalgia
Back in the day, World of Tanks was a very different experience, and the game physics allowed players to work wonders. Just thinking about it has made us nostalgic. So from March 29 to April 3, we're going to give veterans a chance to relive those glory days and newcomers the opportunity to experience a piece of tanking history, even if it’s only for a short while!
Okay, What's So Interesting About 0.7.0?
Of course, even after 8 years, the game still resembles the World of Tanks of 2011 in some respects, but in many ways, it's an entirely different game.
So, here’s what awaits you:
- A separate server and a separate game client
- Three classical nations: The USSR, Germany and the USA. Oh and a legend that needs no introduction... The Type 59. You won’t find any French or Swedish autoloaders here! You will get 4 sets of Crew members for each nation, with three researched skills (Firefighting, Repairs, Concealment). The Type 59 has one Crew member for each speciality.
- Special gameplay. In WoT Classic, there is no Sixth Sense, arty doesn't stun, and light tanks only come with tracks.
- "Old school" game physics. You can easily hang off bridges and rocks and your vehicle doesn't roll downhill. Also, tanks don't flip over or leave the ground, and destroyed vehicles cannot be moved even by an E 100 Platoon.
- General chat. Feel free to communicate with your adversaries throughout battles, but let's work together to maintain a fun and non-toxic environment.
- Simplified economy. During the event, you will be able to research and purchase top-tier vehicles much faster. Also, Premium tanks, camouflage and equipment costs are also reduced. Remember: Anything you purchase in WoT Classic will not be transferred to the current version of World of Tanks!
- You can buy special shells for Gold only, not for Credits.
And finally: By participating in WoT Classic, you can earn a unique style with an inscription and an emblem. Check it out!
Players will need to fight at least 3 battles in WoT Classic to be awarded with the event's unique style. The style will be added after the event and can be applied to any vehicle.
Don't worry about resources: During the event you will be credited with Gold, Credits, and Free XP. These cannot be transferred to the main server.
How to Install WoT Classic?
- First of all, you need to download the Game Center, an improved launcher allowing you to manage all Wargaming games.
- Click on the image of WoT Classic and choose a folder for installation.
Inside the Game Center, you can also install the current version of World of Tanks and apply the unique style, emblems and inscriptions earned for your participation in the event.