We’ve updated the Wargaming Game Center to introduce a simplified, single-login procedure. Now logging into the Game Center automatically signs you into all our products that support the Wargaming.net ID.
How does it work?
There are two options available, depending your account status.
If you’re already logged into the Wargaming Game Center and you fancy playing World of Tanks, clicking “Play” will take you directly to your Garage thus skipping the login screen (the same goes with other games featured in the Center).
If you’re not signed into the Game Center, after clicking “Play” a special authorization window will pop up asking you to enter your login information. When you’re done, everything is set up for you to battle in any of our Wargaming Game Center-supported titles.
Having to re-enter your credentials is never convenient, but the good news is you’ll only have to do it once.
[UPDATE] How to select a server manually
By default, the new Login feature in Wargaming Game Center now auto-connects you to a server in World of Tanks when you press the 'Play' button, transporting you seamlessly into your garage in a matter of seconds.
Although seemingly random, the Game Center makes its choice by taking into account the load capacity of each server. From time to time however, you may wish to play on a server other than the one that the Game Center chooses for you.
To enable the ability to choose servers manually, simply perform the following steps:
- While in the Garage, click the Gear icon on the top-left corner of the screen to open up the Menu screen (or press the ESC key).
- Click on the Settings button.
- In the General tab, scroll to the bottom, where you'll see an checkbox option labeled Display server selection upon game launch. Check the box, then click Apply and/or OK.
- To test the newly-enabled option, click the Disconnect from Server button in the Menu screen, or restart the client.
- You will now be presented with a selection of servers upon opening World of Tanks.
Now, it's time to click that button and show off your skills.
See you in battle!