After the introduction of the detailed damage log and other interface improvements, we reached out to you all to address the most pressing feedback and prioritise the next steps on the road to make the battle UI even more informative. In Update 9.17.1, work continues with a host of enhancements and additions from tweaks to dynamic fire direction indicators through to a full live report on damage received.
The main goal of these upcoming changes is to make it easier for you to evaluate the ever-changing combat situation and quickly adjust your battle plan.
Read on for a detailed breakdown on new elements and improvements.
Starting from update 9.17.1, the report you get on how much damage enemies caused will be just as detailed as it is for the damage you inflict. The battle log (by default located in the bottom left part of the battle HUD; can be moved to the upper part of the battle HUD, to the right of the allied team list in the Setting panel) will inform you about:
- Received damage
- Critical hits
- Who hit you (vehicle name and type)
- What type of ammo they used (with Premium shells highlighted in a different color, for hits and critical hits, as well as in cases when you block it with armour)
Next up, let’s look at the change list for ribbons. We’ll be adding special ribbons to brief you about:
- The amount of received damage
- The number of critical hits
- The damage type (caused by shots, fire, ramming, or falling)
- The type and name of the vehicle that hit you
Finally, ribbon fonts have been tweaked to better follow the World of Tanks style. Dynamic Damage Indicators' styles and duration have been adjusted to provide you with just enough time to process it without getting overwhelmed by data.
Dynamic Damage Indicators
Update 9.17.1 will add the dynamic adjustment of the indicator's width that signals how much damage you receive and block. Calculated based on the ratio of incoming damage to the vehicle’s total HP, damage indicators come in three types:
- Small (1–10% of total HP)
- Medium (11–30% of total HP)
- Large (30%+ of total HP)
And there’s absolutely no need to memorise these principles: special tooltips in the Settings window will provide you with an explanation every time you need it.
By default, dynamic damage indicators are switched off to optimise the battle HUD. To enable them, simply select this option in the Setting.
Each battle event can be explained with several ribbons, providing maximum detail. For example, if you damage two vehicles in one shot or with two shots fired in a short span of time, the info on damage caused to each tank will be displayed on a separate ribbon instead of a single ribbon with the total damage, which you have now.
At the same time, ribbons that aren’t helpful will be removed. For example, when you destroy an enemy vehicle, you don’t really need information on the number of critical hits to its modules. The job’s done, and you move on.
You can adjust the battle indicators to best suit your preferences in the Setting panel:
- Select the information that’s most relevant to you in combat and disable other blocks.
- Completely switch off information about received damage, critical hits, and blocked damage.
- Move the detailed log to the upper part of the battle HUD, placing it to the right of the allied team list (please note this is not recommended if you use low screen resolutions).
With these changes, we tried to improve the experience for players both new and old, helping you make informed choices on the battlefield so you don’t miss out on opportunities and can maximise your contribution to battle. If you have questions, issues or suggestions that aren't covered here, please feel free to share your feedback on our forum.