Imagine a bunker with fortified concrete walls and a huge gun pointing out of it. Now, imagine this bunker having the ability to shift from place to place, occupying captured ground while supporting its comrades as they push past the front lines.
Then imagine this bunker sporting an illustration of a Polish Winged Hussar, and you've got the new 50TP Prototyp.
- Vehicle Name: 50TP Prototyp
- Nation: Poland
- Class: Heavy
- Tier: VIII (8)
The Good, The Bad and the UglyExpand
- Great turret armour
- Standard penetration rating is good enough for most aimed shots
- Unique appearance
- A great support heavy in skilled hands
- Comparatively weak hull armour
- Improved penetration rating can be somewhat underwhelming
- Extremely vulnerable if caught in the open
The 50TP Prototyp is designated as a heavy tank, and it looks the part - a solid-looking turret mounted atop a rectangular hull not unlike the American T34, but with the latter incorporating hints of the 'pike-nosed' frontal armour structure found in the IS-6 or the Object 252U.
As beefy as it seems however, looks aren't everything when it comes to tanks...
- General strategy: The 50TP Prototyp is a support heavy first and foremost, and it does its best work in mid-range combat. It's possible to begin playing aggressively if you find yourself in the top tier during battle, but smarter play and careful decision making will be key in Tier 9 or 10 matches as you'll most definitely be outgunned.
- Firepower: The gun it wields is almost identical to the one mounted on the WZ-111, in that it's thoroughly middle-of-the-pack in terms of reload times and rate of fire for a Tier VIII Premium heavy tank. While a lot better than the WZ-111 penetration-wise, it's still on the lower end of the scale, so aiming for weak spots and picking your targets remains a priority. On the other hand, the 50TP's gun is more accurate than most Premium heavies and delivers top-tier damage on par with the Defender. If it hits, it's going to hurt very badly.
- Protection: The turret is undoubtedly the pièce de résistance of the 50TP Prototyp, featuring great armour values that will allow you to use hull-down tactics and bounce the odd shot while you search for targets to acquire. Combine this with the decent gun depression to fortify yourself in unlikely places.
- Mobility: The 50TP features good hull traversal and acceleration speeds, allowing you even more options to reposition yourself defensively. But don't be fooled - it's not the fastest tank and climbing hills or difficult terrain can be an exercise in frustration. This also means you'll be extra susceptible to flanking attacks by faster enemy vehicles, so keep a careful eye on your minimap. If you're caught out in the open, prepare for an early trip back to the garage.
Video: How to play the 50TP Prototyp
|Crew Skills & Perks|
The 50TP Prototyp: Out Now!
The 50TP Prototyp is on the Premium Shop and ready to roll out! You've read all about the tank, now it's time to hop into one and experience it first-hand.