We would like to thank you for your active participation in the Field Modification Sandbox tests. Your boundless enthusiasm and engagement enabled us to collect valuable in-game statistics and assess how you interact with this new game mechanic. At the same time, the feedback you shared with us helped us understand how you feel about the feature and which areas we should improve on.
Now that the dust on the Sandbox battlefields has settled, it is time for us to outline our next steps.
Preliminary survey results, as well as direct feedback, showed us that players liked the key mechanics of Field Modification and were positive about addition of this feature into the main game. In particular, players generally appreciated the new opportunity to fine-tune their favorite vehicles to their personal playstyle.
Players confirmed that the new role system used in Field Modification broadly matched the main functions of vehicles, and basing modification bonuses on vehicle roles was the right choice on our end. Moreover, tankers have expressed a great interest in the ability to add a second configuration of consumables, shells, equipment, and directives, and switch between them before battle starts so as to better adapt to the upcoming fight.
The preliminary data that we see inspires great optimism, as it shows that players grasped the core mechanics of Field Modification and found them useful for their vehicles.
Main Topics for Discussion
We have identified the main topics on which many players focused their attention, namely:
- Some tankers are concerned about higher bonuses from standard modifications for Tier IX and X vehicles which increase power disparity across vehicle tiers.
- We have noticed discussions about perceived excessive improvements to parameters of certain vehicles, such as SPGs, some heavy tanks, wheeled vehicles, and some others.
- Players have shared their feedback about some dual modification options that are not equivalent to each other in terms of benefits.
- Some commanders worry about the costs of increasing Field Modification levels and purchasing dual modifications across various vehicle tiers.
- There are questions regarding the limitations to category selection for the second equipment slot.
- A number of tankers are worried by the fact that loadout selection is limited to the 30-second countdown before the battle starts.
We now have a clear task before us — to carefully examine all aspects of Field Modification based on the data collected from the Sandbox and develop optimal solutions for our players. It will take us some time to analyze the numbers and match them with your feedback. We will focus our attention on the topics listed above, and promise to keep you informed on future developments of Field Modification.
We thank you for your dedication and willingness to devote your efforts to making World of Tanks a better game. Your feedback is invaluable for us in this endeavor!