The existing in-game Platoon system in World of Tanks has been around for years, but some of its options are a bit limited, especially when you want to find the most suitable players to play with. As a result, we decided to visually rework and build up the current Platoon system by making it more functional, efficient, and convenient. Let’s see how it will work.
Find Platoon Members Easily
After the release of Update 1.11.1, you will be able to fight in a Platoon with players from your friends list by clicking the “New Platoon” button just like before, or using the new "Find Players" feature to automatically form a Platoon.
You can use the new system to automatically find players who best fit your Platoon, scored according to the following search criteria:
- Current Global World of Tanks Rating (*WTR). The system will first select players that differ from you by ≤500 WTR . If no suitable tankers are found, the search will expand to include players with a greater difference in ratings.
- Number of available vehicles in your preferred tiers. You can select several vehicle tiers to find players who will best suit your Platoon's composition. For example, players with Tier VIII or X tanks. Only battle-ready tanks will be counted. This scoring will be done separately for each tier, and players with more tanks of your chosen tier are more likely to be matched.
- Number of battles in each of your selected tiers. Selected tiers will also be expanded after a while in the search.
- Voice chat enabled or disabled. If you activate this option, you can still mute individual Platoon players.
- Clan members. You are more likely to be matched to members of your clan who meet the above criteria.
Remember, you will still need to manually select the tank you want to use before entering battle; the matchmaker will not automatically pick one for you, even if you have enabled the vehicle search filters.
The dynamic Platoon icon at the top of your screen will change to show your Platoon status: player search in progress, ready for battle, and so on.
Nothing will change—Platoon members' Excluded Maps will continue to be overridden by the Platoon leader's map list while they are part of that Platoon.
Show Off Your Customizations!
The new system will allow you to view your Platoon mates’ chosen vehicles with their camos, decals, emblems, and other customizations right in your Garage. This works both ways, so make sure your tanks are dressed their best! You can also switch off the display of Platoon members’ non-historical customization elements if you prefer.
Communication in the New System
A hotkey mapped to the H key will be available to mute/unmute Platoon voice chat. This mute functionality can also be controlled with the new button that we added in the platoon window. Voice chat will be disabled by default for dynamic Platoons.
The Existing System
All these additional new options do not replace current Platoon functionality, and Platoon bonuses such as the credit bonus provided by WoT Premium Account will continue to be in effect. Everything in the updated system will work as before, so you can simply use the new features to enhance your platooning experience, such as when you need to find a third player to fill an empty slot.
We currently aim to introduce the Platoon 2.0 system in Random Battles. Be sure to share your feedback and impressions, as we need them to further improve and expand its functionality!