Here's a question: How many of you have seen the community grow throughout these years and thought to yourself, 'Wow, I wish I had the chance to use my skills and make it a much better place for me and everyone else'?
Building something like the Wargaming Community takes a huge amount of time and effort; we wouldn't have made it if not for the help of the many player contributors that have volunteered their services since the very beginning.
Now, we're ready to make the next major leap to turn the community into a self-sustaining entity, giving you more user generated content to interact and have fun with. But first, we need YOUR help!
Introducing the Community Contributor Program
Our next great campaign to enhance and expand the community will not be easy, which is why we need everyone and anyone with the right set of skills to contribute. If you are passionate about our games (World of Tanks, World of Warplanes or World of Warships in future), this is the perfect way for you to share your enthusiasm.
How you can help
Here are the volunteer positions that we're currently looking to fill:
- In-game & Forum Moderators: Our Keepers of the Peace and goodie-two-shoes never tire in resolving disputes, keeping the conversation clean and shutting down rowdy players.
- World of Tanks Wiki Contributor Team: The Wiki is due for an overhaul soon, and we want to make the next version bigger and better. More importantly, we require translators that are able to localize the original texts in English to the following languages:
- Traditional Chinese
- Video Streamers: Have an account on Twitch or any other online streaming service? Not too shabby with World of Tanks? Stream yourself playing it! We're looking for players who aren't afraid of showing the world how they fare in the game. It doesn't matter if you're instructing people on the basics of scouting or just playing with other streamers for fun; show it and the viewers will come.
- Special Projects: As a contributor, you'll be working on a myraid of exciting projects that will benefit the players in various ways, including but not limited to:
- Article write-ups
- Game guide creation
- Text localization
- Community newsletters
- Image OR Video editing
- Event coordination
Because each Special Project has unique requirements, we'll be looking for contributors possessing a wide range of skills and talents to help out when needed.
Registering as a Community Contributor
So you've decided to join us and contribute to the community? Great!
Before we get to the details about registering your name and actually getting your hands dirty, we'll need to state some rules first:
- You must be over 18 years of age.
- You must possess a clean record on your forum account; any warnings and bans issued will automatically exclude you from the selection process.
- You must be passionate about Wargaming products (i.e. World of Tanks, World of Tanks: Blitz, World of Warplanes, World of Warships).
How to apply
To submit your application to be a Community Contributor, please visit the forum link here and post a reply. Your post MUST contain the following details:
- IGN (In-game Name)
- Desired Position (more than one choice allowed)
- Relevant Skills (if any)
- Examples/Portfolio of related works (if any)
Desired Position: Forum Moderator, Special Projects
Relevant Skills: 70 WPM typing speed, Experience with GIMP image editing
Examples: An image I edited one time a few months ago
Be a Community Contributor Today!
Don't forget - we're raising an army to make this work, so if you think you have something to offer to the Wargaming community, let us know how you can help and we'll make you a part of the team!
Oh and one more thing: All contributors will also receive rewards by joining and completing tasks...