Episode 9 Schedule
14 Oct 2019 (Monday) 07:00 UTC +8
21 Oct 2019 (Monday) 04:00 UTC +8
04:00 - 07:00 UTC +8
Select the corresponding tab in the battle type drop-down list to enter the Frontline queue.
The drums of war are beating loudly, Commanders!
The ninth Episode of Frontline brings you closer to exclusive reward tanks, including the unique AE Phase I. If you haven't grabbed other reward vehicles yet, now is the best time to jump back in and make the most of the penultimate Frontline episode!
Just like in the last two Episodes, you will have the opportunity to boost your progress thanks to Personal Reserves. You can get a maximum of 20 Reserves — ten for completing special combat missions a week before the start of the Episode, and ten available in the in-game shop for gold. The cost of one Reserve in the shop remains at 250. Fight on the Frontline, use Personal Reserves, and get your rewards faster!
The AE Phase I: A Fearsome Predator
In the previous Episode, only the most skilled commanders could get this Frontline-exclusive beast. This time, it will be available to a wider range of players, so don't miss your chance to park this special Tier IX American heavy tank with four segmented tracks in your Garage!
Featuring a free built-in Large Repair Kit consumable, the AE Phase I offers its own level of tactical versatility. It snipes well, brawls decently, and can jump into a 1v1 fight and come out on top. Its gun packs a serious punch, complemented by a good rate of fire.
Remember: having hefty armor doesn’t mean the AE Phase I is suited to frontal assaults, so you'll still have to choose your moments for doing damage, staying between the first and the second lines of attack.
Kraftwerk: Map Updates
The previous Episode was a test for the new map, Kraftwerk. Set in a wintery landscape, it offers a wide variety of terrain and historical buildings. We're still studying your feedback and have already detected some areas where we see room for improvement.
In particular, Episode 8 has showed that the defensive team had a certain advantage over the attackers, primarily due to the difficulty of capturing zones A, B and C. To make the game more fair and balanced, we slightly reworked the landscape of these sectors to make it easier for the attacking team to succeed. Let’s take a closer look!
- Fixed bushes, cleared gaps.
- Added bushes near the bridge on the road and organized access to them.
- The bridge and adjacent facilities were moved, houses were added in the village.
- The slope is now easier to access.
- The pedestal with the excavator was slightly expanded.
- As a result of moving the bridge (point 3), another street was added in the village, with several houses.
- The walls of the ruins are deployed for better firing at the defenders.
- One pile of debris was removed in the castle and the wall was changed.
- Added bush to help the attacking team.
- Added small cover.
- The tower in the ruins is slightly put forward to complicate shelling.
- The concrete zone was increased, which worsened the position of the defenders and created an additional balcony for the attack.
- Extended the slope that leads to the firing position.
- Added concrete blocks that allow attackers to avoid getting shot by defenders on the bridge.
- Concrete blocks removed.
- Removed bushes.
Finally, map lighting was reconfigured to make it more comfortable for players' eyesight.
Kraftwerk hasn't come without minor flaws, but no critical issues have been found with it, so the map will remain in the map pool. Keep on exploring it, hone your skills and team tactics, and earn epic medals along with other rewards!
And last but not least, our scouts report that the final Episode of Frontline for 2019 will take place from 11 November 07:00 UTC +8 to 18 November 04:00 UTC +8, so mark the date on your calendar!
Good luck in the next Episodes of Frontline, Commanders! Make a final push before the finale, and grab the unique reward vehicles while you can!