Let your defeated enemies see who they’re dealing with!
One of the main highlights of 2019 was the epic Tank Festival, where we first introduced Dog Tags. They were your own exclusive signatures on the battlefield that your opponents saw after you destroyed their vehicles.
We have since carefully studied your feedback on this feature and have decided to bring it back to the game on a permanent basis, with some changes that will make Dog Tags more meaningful, substantive, and worthy of your battle achievements.
Take a look at the reworked Dog Tags, and get ready to show the world what you’re worth!
When Update 1.10.1 is released, head to the Player Account menu in your Garage. You can view all the Dog Tag elements available in the game here, and find out how to unlock the components you have not obtained yet.
The basic Dog Tag concept has remained unchanged since the Tank Festival. They will still be your personal “business cards” that your defeated enemies will see after their destruction in Random and Grand Battles. However, they will now consist of three independent elements:
- Your nickname (clan name). This element cannot be modified and only changes when you choose a different nickname or change your clan. If you have the Anonymizer enabled, then opponents will see randomized information in place of your actual nickname/clan.
- Background. It can be obtained in a variety of ways, including by earning certain rewards in battle.
- Engraving. The most important part, as it displays the main information that your defeated adversaries will see.
To unlock Engravings, you must accomplish certain conditions. Let’s take a closer look.
Types of Engravings
There will be 3 categories of Engravings, each with its own progression levels. Engravings showcase your tanking skills in comparison to other commanders, and are your personal point of pride. By achieving certain level conditions, your Engraving’s level automatically increases and its appearance will change.
This category will especially please our veterans and all commanders who take pride in their long and glorious tanking journey full of feats and battle exploits. These Engravings highlight your wealth of experience and most impressive achievements, such as the number of battles, vehicles destroyed, and so on.
Dedication Engravings indicate your lifetime game statistics in Random and Grand Battles. To unlock an Engraving of this type, you need to meet the initial condition.
These Engravings will allow you to demonstrate your superior battle prowess. To unlock them, you need to place in the Hall of Fame and improve your ranking at least every month. Once unlocked, higher levels of Skill Engravings reflecting your progress will become available for you at the end of each month.
This category highlights exceptional results achieved in a single Random Battle with Tier VIII and higher vehicles. Triumph Engravings will be unlocked after a battle during which a certain challenging condition was met, such as dealing record damage. Similar achievements will be available for players in Platoons.
Combined with the unique backgrounds you can obtain, these Engravings will make your Dog Tags a truly unique battle signature that will instill fear in your enemies.
Interacting with Dog Tags
- By default, Dog Tags of destroyed opponents will pop up in the lower right corner of your screen during battles. You can find out more about who you’ve defeated, right in the middle of combat, by holding down the Ctrl key and hovering your cursor over the Dog Tag icon next to your adversary’s nickname. However, if you find this distracting, you can turn off the display of Dog Tags in the game settings.
- Want to remain anonymous in defeat? You can choose to show enemies a default Engraving without your personal statistics instead; simply enable this option in the game settings.
Like progressive customization decals and Marks of Excellence, Dog Tags reflect your passion for the game and your unbreakable will to win. We hope you’ll enjoy customizing your very own combat calling cards and showing your opponents just how good you are at World of Tanks!
Create your own unique Dog Tag, and let your enemies know exactly who they're dealing with!