The holidays are just around the corner, which means it’s time for Holiday Ops in World of Tanks. It’s the most anticipated event, featuring tons of rewards and wonderful surprises!
Instead of your classic Garage, we’ve prepared for you a festive Village filled with joy and a magical atmosphere. Here, you will instantly find a pleasant gift from us: the brand-new M16/43 Sahariano, a Tier III Premium Italian medium tank. It’s a fast and maneuverable medium for fun and dynamic gameplay. This is also where you’ll meet our guest stars, Arnie and Milla! They will host the event and provide you with special quests and combat missions and make Holiday Ops even more exciting! Join us, and let’s celebrate together!
- Holiday Ops 2023 kicks off on December 1, 2022, at 11:00 UTC+8 and runs until January 9, 2023, at 11:00 UTC+8.
- The day the event starts, your Garage will turn into a festive Village with new landmarks: Headquarters with two guest stars, three Decorative Objects, zones to collect Holiday Ops resources, etc.
- Holiday Ops 2023 features a special event currency called Resources. There are four types of resources in the event: Rock Crystal, Pure Emerald, Warm Amber, and Meteoric Iron. All your festive activities will be based on collecting and investing these resources. You can get Holiday Ops resources in the following ways:
- Collect them manually in your own Village up to twice a day
- As rewards for completing Daily Missions
- In your Best Friends’ Villages once a day
- When petting your dog friend Chaffee
- As a bonus from Large Boxes
- There are 10 levels of Festive Atmosphere, marking your progress in the event and providing you with rewards. To improve the Festive Atmosphere, upgrade decorative objects from Level 1 to 5 by collecting and investing Rock Crystal and Pure Emerald.
- By improving your Festive Atmosphere and reaching each new Level, you will earn rewards, such as new female crew members, a brand-new festive 2D style with unique Marks of Excellence, and much more.
- The day Holiday Ops 2023 starts, you can assign the status of "Best Friend" to up to two players from your friends list. You can visit their Villages and collect some extra resources once a day to boost your progress in the event. Remember that you don't take any resources from them—you just get additional resources for free! By collecting resources from your Best Friends, you will have the opportunity to receive special friendship-themed customizations.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is back from last year, but he isn't alone this time: international star Milla Jovovich makes her Holiday Ops debut! She and Arnie will greet you at Headquarters in your Village. Our celebrities will provide you with Assignments, which are special quests that can be completed by spending a certain amount of Warm Amber and Meteoric Iron.
- Upon completing a certain number of Assignments, you will receive exclusive decals and 2D styles with unique Marks of Excellence. On top of that, each completed Assignment increases economic bonuses to credits and all types of experience in Random Battles (including Grand Battles).
If getting rewards for improving the Festive Atmosphere is the highest priority for you, focus on upgrading decorative objects by investing Rock Crystal and Pure Emerald.
If you're more interested in customization rewards from our celebrities and economic bonuses, focus on fulfilling their Assignments using Warm Amber and Meteoric Iron.
- You can also complete a Holiday Ops Challenge consisting of 28 Combat Missions From Milla, all in Random and Grand Battles, and all in Tier IV vehicles and higher.
- All missions are cumulative and can be performed at the same time. Upon completing a certain number of missions, you will receive rewards, including credit discounts on researchable vehicles, a brand-new 2D style with unique Marks of Excellence, Milla Jovovich herself as a tank commander, and much more.
- Upon completing all 28 Missions From Milla, you may unlock up to four additional missions, with each mission rewarding one of Arnie’s rewards that you didn't receive in last year's Holiday Ops Challenge.
- When you reach Festive Atmosphere Level X, you can start shopping in the Holiday Ops Shop using any of the four resources. Here, you will find customization rewards for assembling Collections from previous years (from 2018 through 2022) and Holiday Post 2022 that you did not receive. Depending on how complete your Collections were and how many Holiday Post rewards you received in previous years, you will get discounts.
- There will also be a Gift Terminal in your Village where you can spend Tokens. Tokens are another in-game currency that you can get in several ways. For each Token spent, you will receive one surprise gift from the list below:
- Personal Reserves
- A Training Guide
- Other in-game items
But in some special cases, you may even get the Object 283, a brand-new Tier IX Special Soviet medium tank. You may get it for several rental battles, or it may be given to you permanently.
Discover Your New Festive Village!
With the start of Holiday Ops 2023 on December 1, your Garage will turn into a snowy Village full of festive magic and fairy lights. It will certainly look charming, but you can improve it even further! This is where your free festive gift—the brand-new M16/43 Sahariano, a Tier III Premium Italian medium tank with a 100% trained crew and a Garage slot—will be waiting for you!
When you first log in to the game client, you’ll be able to choose a fun name for your festive Village from the suggested combinations of words. Once confirmed, your Village will keep this name until the end of the event.
You will also find Headquarters here, which is where you can receive special combat missions and Assignments from our incredible celebrities. There will also be three magnificent decorative objects in your Village—the Christmas Tree, Fair, and Installation—that you can adorn with amazing Decorations!
Decorative Objects and Decorations
Each of the three decorative objects has five levels. To boost their level and customize your Village to your liking, you need to spend a certain amount of two Holiday Ops resources: Rock Crystal and Pure Emerald. Decorative objects levels are improved incrementally, meaning one after another.
Each time you reach a new level, you will receive several random Standard Decorations from four festive settings:
- New Year
Upon reaching the first level, you will unlock the slots and will be able to place Standard Decorations in them. Improve the levels of your decorative objects, obtain new Decorations, and create your own unique atmosphere!
Additionally, you can outfit your Village with Large Decorations, and each one will be automatically put in its proper place. You will earn Large Decorations both for completing Assignments from our celebrities and for upgrading your decorative objects to Level 5.
Standard and Large Decorations do not affect your progress in the event, but they serve as festive and fancy customization items for your Village.
Holiday Ops Resources
These are the four types of Holiday Ops resources, a special in-game currency:
Rock Crystal and Pure Emerald are used to improve the Festive Atmosphere, while Warm Amber and Meteoric Iron are needed to complete the Guests’ Assignments.
Collect resources and use them to do the following:
- Upgrade decorative objects
- Complete Guests’ Assignments
- Purchase customization rewards for assembling Collections from previous years (from 2018 through 2022) and Holiday Post 2022 feature rewards
- Purchase Tokens (another in-game currency that can be used in the Gift Terminal)
After collecting resources for the first time in your Village, a 55-minute cooldown occurs. After the second collection, the cooldown lasts until the start of the next game day (00:00 UTC+8).
If you plan to be away from the game for several days, make sure to activate the Resource Autocollector feature in advance. It allows you to automatically collect all the resources in your Village at the same time without logging in. Each time resources are collected in this way, you will be charged 150,000. Automatic collection occurs at the end of each cooldown.
You need to manually deactivate the Resource Autocollector. If you don’t, it will deactivate at the end of Holiday Ops or when there are not enough credits on your account.
If you activate the Resource Autocollector and don't log into the game before the end of the event, it will deactivate along with the end of Holiday Ops. Resources for this period won't be collected, and you won't be charged any credits.
You can also get resources in the following ways:
- As rewards for completing standard Daily Missions
MISSION RESOURCE AMOUNT Tier I 350 random resources Tier II 250 random resources Tier III 300 random resources Bonus 350 random resources Epic N/A
- In your Best Friends’ Villages—keep reading to learn more about this cool feature!
- When petting Chaffee, a cute dog who will appear in your Village when you reach Festive Atmosphere Level II
- As a bonus from Large Boxes
If you have a lot of certain resources but fewer of other types, use the Resource Converter. It will allow you to exchange a chosen resource for any other type at the rate of 50:40.
Level Up Your Festive Atmosphere!
There are 10 levels of Festive Atmosphere, which define your progress in the event and provide you with rewards. At the start of Holiday Ops 2023, you’ll be at Festive Atmosphere Level I.
To improve the Festive Atmosphere, upgrade decorative objects from Level 1 to 5 by investing Rock Crystal and Pure Emerald. Each time you level up decorative objects, you earn special Festive Atmosphere Points that improve your Festive Atmosphere.
|Decorative Object Level||Christmas Tree/Points||Fair/Points||Installation/Points|
The following table shows the number of Festive Atmosphere Points required to reach each new level:
|FESTIVE ATMOSPHERE LEVEL||I||II||III||IV||V||VI||VII||VI||IX||X|
|NUMBER OF POINTS||0||10||20||30||40||60||80||100||120||150|
By improving your Festive Atmosphere and reaching each new level, you will earn in-game rewards, such as Personal Reserves, national and universal fragments, new female crew members, a brand-new festive 2D style with unique Marks of Excellence*, and much more. Check out the complete list of rewards in the widget below.
* All new Holiday Ops 2023 2D styles feature special Marks of Excellence that will replace the default marks on the vehicle's gun.
Upon reaching Festive Atmosphere Level II, you will find a true friend in your Village: a cute and cheerful dog named Chaffee! If you pet Chaffee once a day, you will get a certain number of additional random resources.
Once you have Chaffee in your Village, you can spend some gold and treat your new pet with various goodies, such as a new collar and even a kennel—very important things for any dog! After the end of the event, once the festive Holiday Ops Garage is disabled, your friend Chaffee will bid you farewell and leave with all his items, which will not be compensated.
During Holiday Ops 2023, you can visit the Villages of all your friends in World of Tanks to see who has the most creative and festive one of all!
Moreover, from the day the event starts, you can assign the status of "Best Friend" to up to two players from your friends list. You can visit their festive Garages and collect some extra resources once a day to boost your progress in the event.
Collecting resources in your Best Friends' Villages does not affect the number of resources that they themselves will gather. You don't take anything from them, don’t worry—you just get additional resources for free!
Every time you collect resources in your Best Friend's Villages, you add one point to a special counter. After earning a certain number of these points, you will have the opportunity to get the following unique friendship-themed customizations:
- A set of 6 cool inscriptions (6 points required)
- A set of 6 stunning decals (12 points required)
- An amazing 2D style featuring unique Marks of Excellence (24 points required)
This year, two incredible celebrities will help us make this event even cooler and more exciting! They will host Holiday Ops and greet you at Headquarters, an interactive 3D zone in your Village.
The first guest of honor is already familiar to you: the legendary Arnold Schwarzenegger! He enjoyed celebrating with us last year so much that he didn't hesitate when we invited him to our festive party again. But this year, Arnie will share the event with the amazing Milla Jovovich, and she has prepared something truly special for you—keep reading to find out more!
Our celebrities will provide you with Assignments, which are special quests that can be completed by spending a certain amount of Warm Amber and Meteoric Iron. Each of the celebs has their own line of unique Assignments, as well as with their own progression and rewards. There are 10 quests from each host, making 20 in total. To complete an Assignment, you need to bring a specific item to the guest star.
Assignments from each celebrity are fulfilled sequentially, meaning one by one. If you haven’t completed your current active Assignment, you won’t be able to move on to the next one. Upon completing a certain number of quests, you will receive exclusive customization items from our celebrities, such as decals and 2D styles with unique Marks of Excellence. Additionally, our guest stars will tell you amazing stories and even help you decorate your Village!
New 2D Style from Milla
New 2D Style from Arnie
Each completed Assignment from Arnie or Milla simultaneously increases all economic bonuses in the game. When you finish an Assignment, you'll slightly increase the bonus to credits and bonuses to all types of XP—Free, Combat, and Crew—in Random Battles (including Grand Battles).
The bonus to credits applies to all vehicles in the game, including Premium and rental ones, until the end of Holiday Ops on January 9, 2023, at 11:00 (UTC+8).
Bonuses to XP will also apply until the end of the event, but only one bonus of your choice can be active. By default, the bonus to Combat XP will be selected. You can change the type of active bonus to XP at any time in your Village. Active bonuses to XP apply to all vehicles in the game except Premium and rental ones.
In the event guide, you already learned how to get resources during Holiday Ops and what to spend them on. Let us note once again that you can use them to improve the Festive Atmosphere, as well as to complete Assignments from our super guests, Milla and Arnie.
If getting rewards for improving the Festive Atmosphere is the highest priority for you, you’d better focus on upgrading decorative objects by investing Rock Crystal and Pure Emerald.
If you're more interested in customization rewards and economic bonuses from our celebrities, then give your primary attention to fulfilling their Assignments using Warm Amber and Meteoric Iron.
Take On the Holiday Ops Challenge!
Get ready to take on the Holiday Ops Challenge and prove that you can become real heroes, too!
The Challenge includes 28 Combat Missions From Milla to complete in Random and Grand Battles in Tier IV vehicles and higher. Every day, one new mission will be available for you. All missions are cumulative and can be performed at the same time. If you skip several missions, you can complete them all in one go. Upon completing a certain number of missions, you will receive rewards, including a unique medal, cool inscriptions, an amazing decal, and other great stuff.
Plus, completing Missions From Milla will grant you credit discounts on researchable vehicles. You’ll unlock these discounts gradually as you complete missions. The first discount on purchasing a Tier II vehicle will become available after completing two missions. As you progress, the tier of vehicles discounted will also increase. To earn a discount on purchasing a researchable Tier X vehicle, you need to complete all 28 missions.
Each credit discount can only be applied once when purchasing one vehicle of the respective tier.
Once you have completed 23 missions, you'll get an incredible 2D style featuring Milla Jovovich herself and unique Marks of Excellence. Take a look:
Once you have completed 27 missions, Milla Jovovich will become the commander of one of your vehicles! She comes fully prepared with Repair and Firefighting skills, as well as Brothers in Arms as a zero perk—plus enough experience to learn a fourth skill or perk of your choice. And no matter what happens on the battlefield, Milla will always energize you to win with her instantly recognizable voice!
Don’t like a particular mission condition? No problem! Every day until the end of Holiday Ops (including the first day of the event), you’ll receive one Condition Replacement. It allows you to change the condition of any current or missed mission.
Unused Condition Replacements are cumulative. You can change the condition of any mission (including additional Missions From Arnie, described below) as many times as you have Replacements. Or you might want to change the conditions of each mission only once—it's entirely up to you!
The number of Condition Replacements you will obtain during the event is limited, so use them wisely!
Additional Challenge Missions From Arnie
Didn't manage to complete last year’s Missions From Arnie during Holiday Ops 2022? Here's your second chance to collect them! After you complete all 28 Missions From Milla, you will have the opportunity to unlock additional Missions From Arnie. You can unlock up to four missions in total, and completing each one will earn you one of the cool Arnie-themed rewards below:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger himself as a tank commander
- 3 striking inscriptions (6 of each)
- An exclusive decal
- A spectacular 2D style with unique Marks of Excellence
Check out the full list of juicy rewards you can get for completing all the missions from our celebrities in the widget below.
Interactive image. This year, 28 Missions From Milla await you. If you have not received Arnie's rewards last year, you will unlock additional missions and respective rewards after completing all Missions From Milla.
Use the slider to select the number of completed missions. Hover the cursor over the reward for more information.
Only missions with the Arnie-themed rewards you didn't receive in last year's Holiday Ops Challenge will be available to you.
You have the Arnie inscriptions and decal, but you didn’t get the 2D style and Arnie himself as a tank commander. Accordingly, once you complete all 28 missions of this year’s Holiday Ops Challenge, you will unlock two additional missions to earn these two prizes.
And don't forget about the Condition Replacements you’ve accumulated—they're good to use for these Missions From Arnie, as well!
During the Holiday Ops event, when you reach Festive Atmosphere Level X, you can start shopping in the Holiday Ops Shop, which will become available in the game client.
In this Shop, you can purchase customization rewards for assembling Collections from previous years (from 2018 through 2022) and Holiday Post 2022.
You will only be able to get the customizations that you did not receive in previous years.
Rewards for Collections from previous years and Holiday Post 2022 are purchased with any of the four types of resources. Depending on how complete your Collections were, you will receive discounts. And if you already have some Holiday Post customizations, you will also receive discounts on the remaining items.
Among the many wonderful objects that you will find in your Village, there will also be a Gift Terminal, in which you can spend special Tokens that you can get in the following ways:
- For improving your Festive Atmosphere levels
- As rewards for completing Missions From Milla
- In exchange for Holiday Ops resources
You will be able to purchase Tokens with resources when all three conditions below are met:
- Reach Festive Atmosphere Level X
- Complete 10 Arnie’s Assignments
- Complete 10 Milla’s Assignments
Thus, the Gift Terminal will help you invest unused resources and get your hands on additional rewards before the end of Holiday Ops!
For each Token spent, you will receive one gift. What could it be? It’s always a surprise! You may get various regular in-game gifts or some rare gifts—these two categories of gifts have their own drop rates. Check it out:
Gift Terminal Drop RatesExpand
Regular gifts with drop rate 89%:
- Free XP
- Demounting Kit
- Standard Personal Reserve: +50% to credits for 1 hour
- Garage slot
- Standard Personal Reserve: +50% to XP for 1 hour
- Large Repair Kit
- Large First Aid Kit
- Large Automatic Fire Extinguisher
- Random directive for crew
- Random directive for equipment
- Training Booklet (random nation)
- Training Guide (random nation)
- Random piece of Class 1 equipment
Rare gifts with drop rate 11%:
- NEW! Tank Object 283 for rent
- NEW! Tank Object 283 permanently
In some special cases, you may even receive the Object 283*, a brand-new Tier IX Special Soviet medium tank — either for several rental battles or permanently!
What presents would fellow commanders like most during Holiday Ops 2022? Large Boxes, of course! Choose Boxes from four different types, full to the brim with valuable in-game items!
Each Box guarantees you 250. As a bonus to each Large Box, you will get 150 random Holiday Ops resources, and 50 resources depending on the Box’s type. Plus, a Box has a chance of dropping even more gold, credits, and days of WoT Premium Account.
But if Lady Luck’s on your side, you might also find the following:
- A formidable Tier VIII or IX Premium tank
- A Tier II–V vehicle
- A spectacular 3D style for a Tier IX or X vehicle
- A unique festive character who gives you assignments for even more rewards
Holiday Ops 2023 Soundtrack
Want to instantly immerse yourself in some holiday magic? Listen to the merry tunes we've prepared for the event, and bask in the warmth and joy of the festive season!
Get ready to customize your Village, enjoy festive gifts, and celebrate the holidays with World of Tanks and our incredible celebrities!