Update: Common Test 9.17 #2.1 is currently ACTIVE.
Update 9.17 is still on the proving ground and we're gearing up for the next update by letting everyone sample what we've been working on. Not to mention your hands-on time with new features can help us gather data and feedback in the days leading up to the final update release!
What's on the docket for this new test? Plenty! Swedish tanks, revised Overmatch mechanics, Premium tanks with new parameters, and more updated minimaps and HD vehicle models.
What will you be taking for a spin in the Common Test? Swedish tanks, revised Overmatch mechanics, Premium tanks with new parameters, updated minimaps, and shiny new HD models. So, there are a lot of enhancements going on both under the hood and on the battlefield.
Check out the full list of features in the Supertest summary:
Discover how you can join the Common Test:
How the Common Test Works
New to testing? Check out our handy guide to public tests.
Eligibility: Every player who registered their account before 8th November 2016 @ 04:59 UTC+8.
Feedback: please post your general feedback about the test version and bug reports in the special thread on our forum.
Test Client Download
- Download the test client installer (4.9 MB).
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer.
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data.
- Log in and start playing.
Please Be Aware
The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: 12:00 UTC+8 (04:00 UTC) daily. Average Duration: ~25 minutes
- Second Periphery: 13:00 UTC+8 (05:00 UTC) daily. Average Duration: ~25 minutes
- Central Database: 17:00 UTC+8 (09:00 UTC) daily. Average duration: ~2 minutes
The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
Common Test Notes
9.17 Common Test #2
Since we invited you to play test 9.17, we gathered plenty of feedback on a variety of potential adjustments. We analyzed your suggestions and improved a few elements—all resulting in a set of tweaks that you can check out by joining the 2nd Common Test:
Changes to Premium tanks and French heavies
The Löwe gained another boost: a more powerful engine and thicker armor. In addition to that, acting on your feedback, we improved the combat parameters for 4 more Premium vehicles: the American T34 and T26E4 Super Pershing, the M46 Patton KR, and the Chinese 112, as well as for two French heavy tanks: the АМХ 50В and АМХ 50 120. Left-click the image below for a detailed rundown:
Swedish tank destroyers
Based on your input from the 1st Common Test, we decided to postpone the overmatch and ricochet mechanics revision, initially planned for 9.17. This postponement (explained in more detail below) called for a number of adjustments to the tier IX–X Swedish tank destroyers.
Under the current ricochet and overmatch rules, they are extremely vulnerable to shells that are 3 (or more) times the nominal thickness of their armor. To fix that we tweaked their combat parameters boosting their overall durability and reducing the cost of errors in-battle. These changes are designed to make them more fit for short and mid-range combat; while keeping them from getting overpowered.
|Parameter||Strv 103-0||Strv 103B|
|Switch from Travel to Siege mode
||Reduced by 25% (from 2.5 to 2 s)
|Switch from Siege to Travel mode
||Reduced by 40% (from 2 to 1.25 s)
|Gun dispersion after firing
||Increased from 3 to 18
|Vertical gun traverse speed
||Increased by 50% (from 5 degrees/s to 7.5 degrees/s)
|Forward/reverse speed in Siege mode
||Increased from 3 to 10 km/h
||Increased from 5 to 10 km/h
|Reload time for Travel and Siege mode
||9 s (used to be 10.3 in Travel and 7.5 in Siege)
||7.7 s (used to be 9.33 in Travel and 6.4 in Siege)
|Gun Dispersion at 100 m in Siege mode
||Increased from 0.2 to 0.3
||Increased from 0.15 to 0.25
- Shorter switch between modes: Now you can react faster to ever-changing combat situations.
- Increased speed: If your next tactical spot is 20 meters away or on the nearest hill, you can reach it in Siege mode. There’s no need to switch to Travel mode. Also, you can now roll out from behind a hill, make several precise shots, then hide again—all in Siege mode.
- Reduced accuracy in Siege mode: In the initial setup, the accuracy of the Strv 103-0 and Strv 103B was a lot higher than any other tank destroyer in-game. Now, we have brought it closer to similar vehicles to prevent the two from becoming ultimate snipers. They are still great, however, and let you pick off enemies’ weak spots from far away.
- Fixed reload time for both Travel and Siege mode: The Strv 103-0 and Strv 103B used to sport excellent DPM combined with little versatility in play style. Acting upon your feedback, we boosted their versatility, and balanced out this change by reducing DPM in Siege and increasing it in Travel. Now, each vehicle deals the same amount of DPM regardless of the mode.
- Increased gun dispersion in Siege mode: The two tank destroyers used to have zero gun dispersion, which disrupted gameplay mechanics. We fixed the issue by adding it. However, the top-tier Swedes can still take full aim before they fully reload.
- Increased vertical gun traverse speed: Now the Strv 103-0 and Strv 103B have better firing mobility in close and mid-range combat: they can take aim at the enemy when firing from an elevated position, even if opponents are quite maneuverable, which adds to the overall gameplay fun.
Swedish medium and heavy tanks
- Top engine acceleration dynamics decreased by 22%
- The drum reload increased from 28 to 33 seconds, and per shot drum reload from 2.75 to 3 seconds
- The upper front plate in now thinner
- Top engine acceleration dynamics decreased by 20%
- Stock engine acceleration dynamics decreased by 17%
- The per shot reload time increased from 3 to 3.51 seconds for the 10.5 cm TK 105-9 and 12 cm akan L/40 guns
- The upper front plate in now thinner
- Top engine acceleration dynamics decreased by 15%
- Stock engine acceleration dynamics decreased by 17%
- The per shot reload time increased from 3 to 3.51 seconds for the 10.5 cm TK 105-9 and 10.5 cm lvkan m/42 guns
- Top engine acceleration dynamics decreased by 28%
- Pre-top engine acceleration dynamics decreased by 27%
- Stock engine acceleration dynamics decreased by 7%
- Top engine acceleration dynamics increased by 16%
Changes to overmatch and ricochet mechanics – postponed
Designed to ensure enjoyable gameplay for tier VIII–X Swedish tank destroyers, the mechanics revision was shown to you during the 1st Common Test. You generated an impressive amount of feedback, providing us with plenty of in-game data and a number of reasonable suggestions on the new setup. This feedback allowed us to conduct a quick analysis, which showed that the reworked rules could influence the overall game immensely. They could lead to some deeper changes to vehicles strong and weak spots: a lot more ricochets where chances of them used to be zero.
Just like you, we wouldn’t want that. That’s why we’ll be taking some extra time to revise and fine-tune the mechanics thoroughly. We won’t release them until we’re sure they have been constructed intelligently and efficiently to reach our high standard of quality and without disrupting the gameplay fun.
Until we do, we’ll stick to the old, time-proven mechanic for all vehicles including the tier VIII–X Swedish tank destroyers.
As part of 9.17 we created new elements for Swedish tank destroyer aim reticles. The work on them caused a bug that affected aim reticle sizes of all vehicles. You might have noticed it during the 1st Common Test. We fixed it in the 2nd Common Test. The aim reticles are now back to what they used to be in 9.16
We’ll continue to tweak mechanics and respond to feedback leading up to the release of Update 9.17. So, if you haven’t enrolled for the Common Test yet, it’s about time you do. Jump in, play test new features and share your thoughts with us!
Scroll down for the full list of the patch notes for the 2nd Common Test.
Common Test #2 Patch Notes
- Fixed the issue of adding to comparison some vehicles, already received by players.
- Fixed the issue of displaying the track of SU-85I.
- Fixed the issue of displaying messages in the Chat after a player rewinds a battle replay.
- Fixed the issue of reaching the areas, unavailable to players, on Pilsen, Karelia and Serene Coast maps.
- Fixed the issues of playing the sound effect on the loading screen.
- Fixed the issue of crashing of the maximized client after it was minimized in Windows XP.
- Fixed the issue of displaying the Pz.Sfl. IVc gun riffling in SD client.
- Fixed the issue of applying the changes in the settings upon clicking the Apply button.
- Fixed the issue of client freezes on the log in screen.
- Fixed the issue of rolling on one side upon simultaneous pressing of the Space + W or S keys in the Strv 103B, Strv 103-0 and Udes 03 vehicles.
- Fixed the issue of considerable interaction of the rear part of the UDES vehicle with other vehicles when ramming.
- Fixed the issue of displaying the icons of the cost of sold vehicles, that played at least one battle, in the Tech Tree.
- Fixed the issue of dislocation of the image on the loading screen of the client in 2x scale.
- Fixed the issue of client response when a player completes the forth mission during Battle Training.
- Changes to vehicles:
- Maybach HL 230 engine power changed from 800 h.p. to 1,000 h.p.
- Increased the thickness of the upper frontal glacis from 130 to 150 mm
- T26E4 Super Pershing:
- Penetration of the AP M77 shell for the 90 mm Gun T15E1 gun increased from 170 to 192 mm
- Dispersion on hull traverse of the 120 mm Gun T53A1 gun changed from с 0.32 to 0.28
- Dispersion on the move of the 120 mm Gun T53A1 changed from 0.32 to 0.28
- Dispersion on turret traverse of the 120 mm Gun T53A1 gun changed from 0.24 to 0.22
- Aiming time of the 120 mm Gun T53A1 gun changed from 3.4 to 3.2 s
- View range changed from 360 to 380 m
- M46 Patton KR:
- Increased the thickness of the turret front
- Increased the thickness of the side bottom skewed area from 60 to 80 mm
- AMX 50 120:
- Gun Depression/Elevation Angles for all guns changed from -6/+6 to -9/+11
- AMX 50 B:
- Gun Depression/Elevation Angles for the120 mm SA46 gun changed from -8/+11 to -10/+11
9.17 Common Test #1
Added two vehicle branches in the Swedish Tech Tree:
- Light tanks at Tiers I-III, medium tanks at Tiers IV-VII, heavy tanks at Tiers VIII-X:
- Strv fm/21
- Strv m/38
- Strv m/40L
- Strv m/42
- Strv 74
- Emil I
- Emil II
- Tank destroyers. The distinctive feature of the Tier VIII-X vehicles is the "siege mode" mechanic, along with the capability of aiming the gun using the vehicle's hydraulic suspension:
- Pvlvv fm/42
- Itv 72
- Sav m/43
- Ikv 103
- Ikv 65 Alt II
- Ikv 90 Typ B
- UDES 03
- Strv 103-0
- Strv 103B
- Removed the Ranked Battles tab from the Missions window, since the mode is no longer available in the game.
- Added first-person view for Spectators in Training Rooms.
- The 2-caliber and 3-caliber rules are replaced with a single rule. Now, when a shell caliber exceeds the nominal armor thickness, normalization and ricochet limit angle will be increased depending on the ratio of caliber to armor thickness.
- Increased the maximum number of participants (including Spectators) in Team Training and Special Battle modes to 20 players. The number of team members remains limited to 15 players.
- Sound-related improvements:
- Implemented configuration presets for 5.1\7.1 surround systems that can be enabled by players in the Settings.
- Reworked the collision system with indestructible objects and other vehicles.
- Added a sound for the Auto-Aim: the "locking onto a target" event is followed by a sound notification.
- Enabled award windows for completed missions (previously award windows were enabled only for Personal Missions)
- Restored transition between related missions in the Missions window
- Implemented the feature of saving the compared vehicles between game sessions
Reworked the following vehicles to HD quality:
- Conqueror Gun Carriage
- Pz.Sfl. IVc
- Pz.Sfl. IVb
- VK 28.01
- Sturer Emil
- Lorraine 40 t
Changed technical characteristics of the following vehicles:
- Panther mit 8,8 cm L/71:
- Increased traverse speed of the Panther mit 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 from 38 to 40
- Increased engine power of the Maybach HL 230 P30 engine from 600 h.p. to 700 h.p.
- Improved armor
- Improved gun depression angle from -8 to -10
- Improved accuracy during movement for the WZ-111 model 2 suspension by 13%
- Improved accuracy during hull traverse for the WZ-111 model 2 suspension by 13%
- Improved accuracy of the 122 mm D-25TA gun from 0.46 m to 0.44 m
- Improved accuracy of the 122 mm D-25TA gun during turret traverse by 14%
- Improved aiming time of the 122 mm D-25TA gun for the WZ-111 model 2 turret from 3.4 s to 3 s
- Improved engine power of the NORINCO 12150L engine from 520 h.p. to 600 h.p.
- Improved armor
- M4A1 Revalorisé:
- Increased top speed from 45 km/h to 55 km/h
- Changed chance of fire for the Mitsubishi 12HM20WT engine from 0.15 to 0.12
- Increased engine power of the Mitsubishi 12HM20WT engine from 500 h.p. to 570 h.p.
Reworked visual quality of the following minimaps:
- Sand River
- Mountain Pass
- Winter Himmelsdorf