Tanks, just like pretty much anything else in the world, can become mundane over time. You bought that one vehicle you always wanted and had one heck of a time for a long time. After a couple of dozen or hundred battles though, the tank started losing its charm - you learned all there was to know about it and could even drive it with your eyes closed. In short, it became boring.
Now, what do you do when that happens? If the tank is a standard one then it's easy - you sell it and use the credits to buy a new one. What about premium tanks, though? Selling an old premium for credits doesn't really make much sense, so more often than not the gold tank you grew bored with ends up forgotten somewhere in the corner of your garage never to be played again. This is about to change!
From 09 May at 14:00 until 26 May at 14:00 (UTC+8), you will be able to trade in your old premium tanks while buying a new one, to get it at a reduced price!
The general rule is as follows: you can trade-in any premium tank of Tier VI - VIII when buying a new premium tank available in the tech tree, which is of the same or higher tier as your old vehicle.
It is possible to trade-in only one vehicle at a time. When trading in, half of your old tank's value in gold will be reduced from the price of the vehicle you're attempting to buy.
Vehicles that can be traded inExpand
- M4A3E8 Fury
- Т-34-85 Rudy
- Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm
- Dicker Max
- Type 64
- AC 4 Experimental
- Cromwell B
- TOG II*
- Heavy Tank No. VI
- Škoda T 40
- Strv m/42-57 Alt A.2
- Krupp-Steyr Waffenträger
- VK 45.03
- E 25
- T28 Concept
- M56 Scorpion
- Type 62
- AMX 13 57 GF
- FV201 (A45)
- Т-54 first prototype
- Type 59
- T26E5 Patriot
- IS-6 B
- IS-5 (Object 730)
- leKpz M 41 90 mm GF
- Panther mit 8,8 cm L/71
- Panzer 58 Mutz
- Schwarzpanzer 58
- Rheinmetall Skorpion G
- 8,8 cm Pak 43 Jagdtiger
- M46 Patton KR
- T26E4 SuperPershing
- T34 B
- M4A1 Revalorisé
- AMX CDC
- AMX M4 mle. 49
- AMX M4 mle. 49 Liberté
- FCM 50 t
- Lorraine 40 t
- T25 Pilot Number 1
- Strv S1
- Object 252U
- Object 252U Defender
Vehicles that cannot be traded inExpand
- KV-4 Kreslavskiy
You want to buy the Löwe, which costs 12,500 in the game. In exchange you want to trade-in your old Dicker Max, which normally costs 3,200.
Just like selling standard vehicles gives you half of their value in credits, trading in your old premium tank will produce half of its value in gold, which then in turn will be deducted from the price of the tank you are wanting to buy.
In this example, trading in your Dicker Max will yield you half of its price, which is 1,600. Consequently, your new vehicle's price will be reduced accordingly and you now need 10,900 for the Löwe.
How to Trade-in Tanks
Vehicles eligible for purchase with a trade-in option will be displayed as follows:
|In the Tech tree||In the tank purchase menu|
Depending how much gold is available on your account, the tank available for the exchange may be displayed in two different ways:
|The tank can be exchanged. There is enough gold.||The tank can be exchanged. There is not enough gold.|
Once you have decided, simply right-click on the vehicle and choose Purchase or Trade-in.
- By default, the list of tanks eligible for trade-in is arranged by the amount of gold they would deduct from the price.
- The list also features eligible vehicles that are currently unavailable for the exchange (in battle, not repaired, in a platoon). Clicking on them will reveal more info about their status.
The trade-in menu also offers the usual actions, such as adding basic ammunition, crew training, etc.
Important to Remember
- The trade-in feature will be available from 09 May at 14:00 until 26 May at 14:00 (UTC+8).
- You can trade-in only vehicles that are of lower or equal Tier to the vehicle you are purchasing, but not lower than Tier VI.
- You can trade-in only one vehicle per transaction.
- The gold worth of vehicles may be affected by active discounts on premium tanks.
- Ammunition, Equipment, and Consumables loaded on the vehicle that is being traded in will be automatically dismounted and placed in the Depot for free.
- Camouflages, Emblems, and Inscriptions applied on the vehicle that is being traded in will be stored in the Depot. As they are vehicle-bound, you will be able to use them again only if you get the tank again in the future.
- The crew present on the vehicle that is being traded in will be placed automatically in the Barracks. If there are not enough free bunks in the Barracks to accomodate them, the trade-in will not be possible.
- Tanks used for trade-in cannot be restored with the Restore functionality.
- When trading-in, you don't have to buy an extra garage slot - the new tank will be placed in the slot previously occupied by the vehicle that was traded in.