This week’s Collector’s Gem is the Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f). This Tier 4 German heavy tank is highly manoeuvrable, packs a fast-reloading, fast-aiming main gun, and can take a whole lot of punishment with its thick side armour and high hit points. It doesn’t stop there – it even carries a whopping 112 rounds of ammunition!
This vehicle will be available in the Premium Shop from 22nd September 2015 to 24th September 2015 in a special weekly bundle, which includes 14,500, a free garage slot, and the vehicle itself.
We’re also holding a contest for all early bird adopters of the Pz. Kpfw B2 740 (f). Check out the details here!
|Collector's Gem of the Week: Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f)|
Sale Start: 22 September, 2015 (Tuesday) @ 14:00 UTC+8 (06:00 UTC)
Sale End: 24 September, 2015 (Thursday) @ 14:00 UTC+8 (06:00 UTC)
Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f)
Collectors Gem of the Week
Pz. Kpfw. B2 740 (f)
Value in Gold
Tank collectors, this is your chance to complete your collection with this rare Premium vehicle, which stands out amongst the other Tier IV tanks. With its high track traverse speed and acceleration, its fast-reloading and fast-aiming main gun, and excellent armour, you’ll be ready to respond to virtually any situation on the battlefield. You’ll be able to fight evenly with most Tier IV tanks, but don’t expect to outrun anyone with a top speed of 30 km/h.
If you want a heavy tank with a unique brand of battlefield flexibility, look no further.
- High rate of fire, very short aim time and good gun depression
- 112 rounds of ammunition, which is enough for every situation.
- Only sees tier 4 battles, unlike the regular B1
- Thick hull sides bounce most weapons of their tier when angled and high hit points
- Very good track traverse speed and adequate acceleration
- Main gun lacks penetration with standard rounds
- Enormous side profile attracts artillery/tank destroyer fire
- Frontal armor retains the 45mm weak spot
- Low top speed (30 km/h)
- Thin turret is easily penetrated up close, and turret hits can knock out the commander, who is also loader and gunner
- Exposed tracks don't absorb many shots
[Contest] Collector's Gem Mastery: Pz.Kpfw. B2 740 (f) Edition
Who will prove themselves the most adaptable tank commander?
No matter which Mastery badge you get, you’ll still have a chance to win some gold for this contest! More details below:
Event start: 22 September 2015 at 14:00 (UTC+8)
Event end: 24 September 2015 at 14:00 (UTC+8)
- Acquire any Mastery Badge using the B2 740 (f) during the event period.
- Submit the replay of the battle uploaded to WoTReplays.com or any other download page.
- For those using other download pages and those whose WoTReplays.com replay page look like this (missing Detailed Report tab), include a screenshot of the Personal Score tabs of the Battle Results in your submission.
- Only battles from within the event period will be eligible for this event.
- Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- Deadline of entry submission is on 24 September 2015 at 15:00 (UTC+8).
- Prizes will vary depending on the Mastery Badges acquired during the event.
- Mastery Badge: III Class (10 winners via random draw) = 300 gold
- Mastery Badge: II Class (5 winners via random draw) = 400 gold
- Mastery Badge: I Class (5 winners via random draw) = 500 gold
- Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker (1 winner) = 2000 gold
- Prize will go to the Ace Tanker submission with the highest base EXP earned.
- This thread will open for submissions on 22 September 2015 at 14:00 (UTC+8).
- Don't know how to post your screenshots? Check this guide! Image links will also be accepted as entries.
- Winners will be announced within 1 week after entry submission ends.
- Prizes will be awarded within 2 weeks after the results are announced.