The Collector's Gem of the Week series has begun! Lasting throughout September, we'll be featuring a new rare tank each week that will only be available on the Premium Shop for a very limited period of time.
This week, the KV-5 makes its appearance. Get the Collectors Gem of the Week package between 1st and 3rd September to receive the tank, a free garage slot and 3,000.
|Collector's Gem of the Week: KV-5|
Sale Start: 1 September, 2015 (Tuesday) @ 14:00 UTC+8 (06:00 UTC)
Sale End: 3 September, 2015 (Thursday) @ 14:00 UTC+8 (06:00 UTC)
KV-5 Gold Bundle
1 Garage Slot
Value in Gold
The KV-5 is a Tier VIII heavy from the Soviet tech tree. It has a strong hull and turret armor. This makes the KV-5 a good choice for ramming strategies. If taking down an opponent's tank like a heavy-weight wrestling champion is your idea of fun, send this metal monster to your garage!
Although the KV-5 can run up to 40km/h, it needs space to execute ramming techniques. Also, beware of vehicles from higher tiers as the KV-5 cannot penetrate armor beyond 125-209mm.
Get the KV-5 if you strongly value a good defence and a tank's credit-earning capability.
- Strong hull and turret armor
- Can take a lot of damage
- Decent speed for a heavy tank
- High HP
- Earns a high amount of credits
- Good rate of fire
- Large size makes it a challenge to find proper hiding spots
- Low penetration for its tier
- Slow turret traverse
[Contest] Collector's Gem Mastery: KV-5 Edition
Bring out your KV-5 for a brawl and try to attain a mastery badge! Which one will you achieve: 3rd Class, 2nd, 1st or the coveted Ace Tanker?
No matter which one you get, you'll still have a chance to win some gold for this contest! More details below:
Event start: 1 September 2015 at 14:00 (UTC+8)
Event end: 3 September 2015 at 14:00 (UTC+8)
- Acquire any Mastery Badge using the KV-5 during the event period.
- Submit the replay of the battle uploaded to WoTReplays.com or any other download page.
- For those using other download pages and those whose WoTReplays.com replay page look like this (missing Detailed Report tab), include a screenshot of the Personal Score tab of the Battle Results in your submission.
- Only battles from within the event period will be eligible for this event.
- Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- Deadline of entry submission is on 3 September 2015 at 15:00 (UTC+8).
- Prizes will vary depending on the Mastery Badge acquired during the event.
- Mastery Badge: III Class (10 winners via random draw) = 300
- Mastery Badge: II Class (5 winners via random draw) = 400
- Mastery Badge: I Class (5 winners via random draw) = 500
- Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker (1 winner) = 2,000
- Prize will go to the Ace Tanker submission with the highest base EXP earned
- This thread will open for submissions on 1 September 2015 at 14:00 (UTC+8).
- Don't know how to post your screenshots? Check this guide! Image links will also be accepted as entries.
- Players may submit as many entries as they wish but may only win ONCE.
- Winners will be announced within 1 week after entry submission ends.
- Prizes will be awarded within 2 weeks after the results are announced.