World of Tanks will be commemorating a major turning point in warfare history with an in-game special! This special focuses on the Second Battle of El Alamein which took place on 23 October 1942 – 11 November 1942. The Second Battle of El Alamein was also the event where the M4 Sherman made its debut in actual combat.
Some historical tanks that have been involved in the battle are on discount. Now’s your chance to re-enact your very own version of the historical battle on World of Tanks!
The Second Battle of El Alamein Special
Event Start: 25 October, 2013 (Friday) @ 13:30 - 14:00 UTC+8 (06:00 UTC)
Event End: 01 November, 2013 (Friday) @ 13:30 - 14:00 UTC+8 (06:00 UTC)
Enjoy 35% discounts on the following tanks:
30% discount on the following premium tank:
Tank Trivia: The Second Battle of El Alamein
- This battle is one of the largest armored battles in World War II.
- It took place in a desert with scorching hot day temperatures and cold nights. Imagine being inside a tank with no air-conditioning!
- Several Crusaders were given “disguises” to fool the enemies into thinking they were supply trucks.
- The Panzers were greatly outnumbered.
- Hundreds of Shermans were lend-leased to the Allies.
- The M3 Lee is the predecessor of the M4 Sherman.
- The M3 Stuart was such a smooth ride that it was unofficially nicknamed “Honey”.
- The M4 Sherman is the 2nd-most produced tank in World War II.
- There are several proposed reasons for the British infantry tank’s name “Valentine”.