We've been hard at work on World of Warships since our very first announcement about the game. There's still quite a ways to go, but we're glad to announce that our Alpha Test client is now ready to accept our first testers!
The purpose of the Alpha Test is to allow selected players to interact with the game client (in the form it's currently in now) and provide constructive feedback to the developers based on their experiences. The opinions, feedback and requests gathered during the Alpha Test will help greatly in ensuring that the development of the game is heading towards the right direction, now and well into the future.
How to Join the WoWS Alpha Test
If you're interested in becoming an Alpha Tester, please fill out the survey form found at the end of this article with all necessary details. Once the deadline is up, we will process all submitted surveys and choose 300 applicants as our Alpha Testers.
If you happen to be one of the lucky 300 testers, we will send you an e-mail notifying you of your acceptance, as well as further instructions on how to participate in the Alpha Test.
Alpha Test Application Period START: 21st July 2014, 12:00 UTC +8
Alpha Test Application Period END: 25th July 2014, 12:00 UTC +8
- A maximum of 300 testers will be accepted in total; testers will be chosen at random if submissions exceed 300 entries.
- Survey submissions are limited to one per person ONLY; any applicants discovered to have submitted surveys using more than one identity will not be considered for inclusion to the Alpha Test.
- The results of the selection process (i.e. a list of names of players selected as testers) will not be released.
- An e-mail will be sent to all accepted testers once they have been selected, containing information about how to register for the Alpha Test. Please remember to check your Spam folder as e-mails may be delivered there on occasion.
- Private information may be requested from accepted testers during the registration process prior to testing, as well as a formal acknowledgement of the eNDA and its terms and conditions.
- Testers may not register more than ONE account with the provided registration page; players discovered to have registered more than one account will be barred from participating in the Alpha Test.
- All testers are reminded that they are participating in an Alpha Test and that they are under an NDA; any unauthorized display of material belonging to the Alpha Test is highly forbidden, including but not limited to:
- Audio files
- Concept art or Model renders
- In-game UI
- Videos, Written descriptions or Images of Gameplay
- All other media
- The Alpha Test client will feature English, Chinese and Japanese language support.
- The Alpha Test client is not representative of the final product.
- Wargaming reserves the right to replace testers without prior notice.
Good luck in the selection process - we hope to see you sailing on the open seas soon!