Soviet Tier X Additions
Earlier this year, the topic making the rounds was the Soviet Tech Tree revision. With the Object 430 moving to Tier IX and the 430U taking the Tier X position and the introduction of the Tier IX Object 257, it left two empty Tier X slots. Now, it’s time for these two new Soviet Tier X tanks to make their debuts:
The Rear-Turreted MT Line—K-91: Leading from the Object 430 Variant II, the K-91 has a small silhouette, boasts sharpshooting accuracy and super shell velocity amongst many others. However, this Tier X has no real armor and doesn’t have great alpha damage.
The HT Mini-Line—Object 277: Following in the footsteps of the T-10, the Object 277 boasts an aggressive nature and great protection combined with higher DPM, alpha, and penetration. But be careful, both the Commander’s hatch and lower armor plate are vulnerable and it doesn’t boast great all-round armor like its other heavy Soviet counterparts.
Object 268 v4 and Object 430 II
As one of the most often talked about topics by you, the community, we are addressing the stats of the Soviet Tier X tank destroyer, the Object 268 Version 4.
Three elements of the tank have been adjusted:
The Gun—We have made adjustments so that the playstyle is not just to peek from the bushes, but is better suited to short- to mid-ranged combat.
The Survivability—A decrease in HP was needed and armor changes mean that lower-tier or tanks with low penetration have a higher chance to do some damage.
The Mobility—We wanted to make sure that the tank destroyer was still mobile but didn’t encroach on the role of a medium.
Also, the Object 430 II has seen some changes to make it a more natural progression from its Tier VIII counterpart, the Object 416, and follows its characteristics, such as high DPM and good mobility.
Guided by your feedback and battle stats, we made a collection of changes to address issues of inconsistency and the sentiment that Fjords and Erlenberg weren’t “fun”. Along with these, level design changes were made to Malinovka and Mountain Pass.
Improved Onboarding Experience
With Update 1.0.2 comes Advanced Training which adds to the current Boot Camp experience. The new set of missions will explain a whole heap of things vital to the game.
In addition to this, there will be a smoother experience for all players with a collection of guides in-game. These will explain key elements of World of Tanks from penetration through to spotting and much more.
Customization for Tiers VI and VIII
We improved the customization system with the latest update. Feedback stated that it was hard to imagine how the vehicle would look in the game when applying paint. The appearance of the new Garage should fix this problem as lighting has been set so the colors appear as they should in battle. We also reworked the interface for the customization menu to streamline the process.
Customization will be available for all Tier VI, VIII and X vehicles.
We hope you enjoy Update 1.0.2! As always, please stop by the forums to share your thoughts.
Full List of ChangesExpand
Bootcamp has been significantly improved. A set of combat and Garage missions has been added. At the same time:
- The missions are available to new players (who have fought less than 1000 battles and do not have vehicles of Tier VI and higher) after completion of Bootcamp. The missions help players learn the basic mechanics of the game.
- Players receive useful in-game property as a reward for completing the missions.
The missions consist of three sets:
- Road to Glory
After completing all sets, a player gets a token they can exchange for any non-Premium vehicle of Tier VI, even if the player has not researched it yet.
Training Center has been introduced to help new players learn the game basics that they need to know to succeed in World of Tanks. All topics are sorted by categories and presented as files containing images together with brief descriptions. Training Center consists of the following sections:
- For Newcomers
- Game Modes
- Player's Vehicle
- Vehicle types
- Attack Basics
- Defense Basics
Training Center is available in the game menu displayed upon pressing the Escape key.
Several issues of game locations have been fixed, some passages to areas not intended for playing have been removed on the following maps:
- Sand River
Several balance changes have been added on the following maps:
- Mountain Pass
The Klondike map has been reworked into HD and re-introduced into the game. It will be available only for Grand Battles. The map is intended only for the Standard Battle type.
- Currently, if a player wants to change the vehicle exterior, the vehicle is transferred to a special customization Garage.
- Styles and paints are now available for vehicles of Tiers VI and VIII.
- The Exterior window interface has been improved.
Some changes to the Garage interface and its sounds have been introduced.
The WoT launch script has been improved for WGC users, so that they get to Garage as fast as possible.
- The current login screen has been reworked in order to reduce the amount of information a player needs to enter when launching the game via WGC. The option of displaying server selection upon game launch has been introduced to the game settings in order to meet the audience interests (clan battles, tournaments, etc.).
Changes to the technical characteristics of the following vehicles
The following vehicles were added:
- Object 277
Added the following vehicles for testing by Supertest players:
- T-34 shielded (U.S.S.R.)
- Sherman VC Firefly (U.K.)
- 50TP prototyp (Poland)
- T26E3 Eagle 7 (U.S.A.)
Changes to the technical characteristics of the U.S.S.R. vehicles:
Object 430 Version II
- The 100 mm D-54 gun was replaced with the 100 mm D-54U gun.
- Decreased dispersion during movement of the Object 430 Version II enhanced suspension by 14%.
- Decreased dispersion on hull traverse of the Object 430 Version II enhanced suspension by 14%.
- Changed dispersion of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 0.38 m to 0.35 m.
- Changed the reload time of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 8 s to 7.5 s.
- Changed the aiming time of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 2.9 s to 2 s.
- Decreased dispersion on turret traverse of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret by 25%.
- Decreased dispersion after firing of the 100 mm D-54U gun for the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret by 13%.
- Changed penetration of the UBR-412B shell for the 100 mm D-54U gun from 219 mm to 246 mm.
- Changed the vehicle view range with the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 390 m to 400 m.
- Decreased armor of the hull and turrets.
- Changed the vehicle durability with the Object 430 Version II turret from 1,600 HP to 1,500 HP.
- Changed the vehicle durability with the Object 430 Version II enhanced turret from 1,700 HP to 1,600 HP.
Object 268 Version 4
- Increased dispersion during movement by 33%.
- Increased dispersion on hull traverse by 33%.
- Changed the hull traverse speed from 23 deg/s to 22 deg/s.
- Increased dispersion on gun traverse of the 152 mm M-53S gun by 20%.
- Changed aiming time from 2 s to 2.5 s.
- Changed the gun traverse speed from 30 deg/s to 28 deg/s.
- Decreased hull armoring.
- Changed the top speed from 55 km/h to 50 km/h.
- Changed the reverse speed from 22 km/h to 18 km/h.
- Changed the engine power from 1,500 h.p. to 1,350 h.p.
- Changed the durability from 2,100 HP to 2,000 HP.
Changes made to the technical characteristics according to the results of Common Test 2:
- Changed the turret traverse speed from 26 deg/s to 27 deg/s.
- Changed dispersion from 0.35 m to 0.38 m.
- Changed reload time from 11.5 s to 12.5 s.
- Changed aiming time from 2.5 s to 2.7 s.
- Replaced the 3BM (experimental) AP shell with the 3VBK HEAT shell (penetration: 340 mm).
- Increased concealment by 20%.
- Changed the positions of ammo Rack and fuel tanks.
- Changed the durability from 1,800 HP to 1,950 HP.
Changed the turret traverse sector from 180 degrees to 220 degrees (from 90 degrees to 110 degr3ees on each side).
Increased the engine power to 860 h.p.
Changed reload time from 6.5 s to 6.3 s.
Changed the depression angle of the 100 mm D-46T gun (on vehicle sides) from -5 degrees to -9 degrees.
- Fixed the issue related to improper display position of Marks of Excellence on the 8,8 cm Flak 41 L/74 mounted on the Pz.Sfl. IVc tank destroyer.
- Removed an invisible obstacle on the Tundra map.
- Fixed the issue of earning Mastery Badges on the Centurion Mk. 5/1 RAAC.
- Fixed the issue that prevented players from purchasing camouflage when using low screen resolutions.
- Text of battle events and text in battle notifications settings is displayed in the same way.
- Improved display of camouflage applied to the Object 705.
- Removed some passages to areas not intended for playing and areas where players could get stuck on the Mannerheim Line and Fjords maps.
- Improved quality of some objects on maps.